Subject: Re: >=1.132 3x slower than 1.131!
To: Juan RP <>
From: Dan Winship <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/02/2004 11:38:27
> Why do we need all the tests that were added in revision 1.132
> ( they are decreasing performance for targets as
> "checksum, makesum, package, install" etc.

I'm having much worse problems than that with some packages. I think
it's caused by the March 18 BUILDLINK_PACKAGES fix to all of the files, but now it takes me 27 seconds just to get an
error message back from typing "make asdfasdfasd" in graphics/gimp
(because it's spending all of that time reading and re-reading and
re-re-reading dependant buildlink files).

-- Dan