Subject: Re: More builtin.mk issues
To: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/01/2004 11:10:23
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> On Solaris we're seeing more builtin breakages, similar to what
> was breaking before with dependancies of builtin packages not
> picking up the USE_BUILTIN.pkg variable correctly.

I am also having more problems under Linux.

>   ===> Required package xpm>=3.4k: NOT found
>   ===> Verifying reinstall for ../../graphics/xpm
>   ===> xpm-3.4knb1 is part of your X11 distribution
>   ===> Returning to build of xosview-1.8.1
>   ===> Buildlinking for xosview-1.8.1
>   xpm is not installed; can't buildlink files.

I had same, and now I have to do:

PREFER_NATIVE+= xpm

But my xpm is from the x11/XFree86-libs package.

> various problems.  I tried to work out the code path yesterday
> through the bl3 files and gave myself a headache :-)  If the
> people who are developing this infrastructure need accounts on
> Solaris machines to test, I'm sure that could be arranged.

Also, the builtin.mk for iconv isn't working for me at all. I had to check
for Linux in the buildlink?.mk files to just skip it.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/