Subject: Re: where do *.pl files and *.conf files go?
To: Pritesh <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/31/2004 13:29:41
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Pritesh wrote:

> i've built a package which has "<name1>.pl" script and "<name2>.conf"
> configuration file. when executing the <name1>.pl, it looks into
> <name2>.conf file for some variables. these variables can be edited in
> <name2>.conf file.
> 1) what is the location where i can install these?
> 2) what is the general location for installation of *.pl files?

I read that you asked same earlier, but nobody answered yet.

If it is not a module, just install the script to ${PREFIX}/bin/.

If the script uses perl 5, then use:

Also, be sure that the path to perl is correct, like:

_REPLACE.perl.old=      .*/bin/perl      ${PERL5}

As for configurations, install the configuration to

and use:

CONF_FILES=	${PREFIX}/share/examples/${PKGBASE}/name2.conf ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}/name2.conf

   Jeremy C. Reed