Subject: malloc.h [was Re: graphics/gle on fbsd 5.2.1-rc]
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2004 19:05:25
On Mar 30, 2004, at 1:25 PM, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> 		 /usr/include/malloc.h:3:2: #error "<malloc.h> has been
> replaced by <stdlib.h>"
> What helps? Heh, buildlinking /usr/include/stdlib.h as
> WRKSRC/.buildlink/include/malloc.h . Why patch, when there's
> buildlink? :)

Yeah, I've been wondering what to do about this on OS X too (which has
no malloc.h at all). There are some packages that would need 10-20
patches to fix all occurrences of #include <malloc.h>. I was thinking
it would be better to just patch a new one-line malloc.h ("#include
<stdlib.h>") into the source tree though, since buildlink is really
about making packages work with the package system, not working around
package bugs.

-- Dan