Subject: Re: add a MANDIR setting?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2004 08:01:02
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> And add an INFODIR at the same time too please.

I now see that mk/texinfo.mk has:

# Pathname relative to ${PREFIX} of directory holding the info
# files and the Info dir file.
INFO_DIR?=      info

So let's give INFO_DIR a try in /etc/mk.conf as
INFO_DIR=	share/info

To be consistent, I think I will do same for MAN_DIR:

MAN_DIR?=       man
# Pathname relative to ${PREFIX} of directory holding the
# manual pages and man directories.
# Possible: any path you like, e.g. share/man.
# Default: man (i.e. /usr/pkg/man, /usr/X11R6/man)

Some packages use MANDIR, so bsd.pkg.mk could set MANDIR to
${PREFIX}/${MAN_DIR}. I'll look at this closer.

> I'd really appreciate being able to get rid of my symlinks:
>
> 	$PREFIX/info -> share/info
> 	$PREFIX/man -> share/man

Yes, that would be good.

   Jeremy C. Reed