Subject: New package - py-twisted
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2004 10:35:45
I had so much fun with epydoc that I thought I would dive in with another that
I am interested in.  See ftp://ftp.druid.net/pub/distrib/py-twisted-pkg.tgz.
I have a few questions;

I used the Python version in the package name.  I think that this is correct
because it installs some files into the Python site-packages directory so I
assume that it can be installed against multiple versions.  Does that seem
correct to everyone?

I have put all the documents into share/doc/${PYPKGPREFIX}-twisted rather than
trying to move them up between doc and examples.  The main reason for that is
that the package installs everything with a HTML index page and I would have
to muck with that to make it work.  Anyone see any reason to bother?

It was suggested that I use pkgsrc-wip for these things.  I thought that that
was for people without commit access.  Did I misunderstand?  It sure seems
like a waste of time to import to one tree just so a developer (perhaps even
the same one) can re-import it into the main tree.  Either way I would
discuss it before importing it to the tree.

If developers are expected to start packages in pkgsrc-wip then perhaps we can
add something to http://www.netbsd.org/developers/pkgsrc/ explaining that.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>