Subject: Re: New package - epydoc
To: None <>
From: Marc Recht <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2004 20:41:43

>> 1. You might want to re-add that:
>>    So, that ${EPYDOCDIR} with correct permissions, user and group.
> I took that out on someone else's suggestion.  Anyone want to be a
> tie-breaker  on this?  Python distutils is supposed to take care of this.

distutils takes care of the ${PYSITELIB} stuff. I'm talking about about the =

documentation you're installing/copying into ${EPYDOCDIR} in the=20
post-install target. ${PAX} creates ${EPYDOCDIR} while copying the files,=20
but I'm not that sure if they get the correct owner and mode then.=20
Therefore I suggested the seperate ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} step.

> I'm agnostic on this subject but it seems that the feeling generally is
> not to  add the extra layer.

Hmm. ;-)

Marc Recht

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)