Subject: gcc-2.95.3 package on -current
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2004 11:33:00
--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

Hi,

It appears that there's a problem with the gcc-2.95.3 package when using
it on -current, where -current has already switched to gcc-3.3.3.

I can compile and install the package, and it will compile code, but
running the code gets confused when it tries to resolve symbols, as it
first looks in /usr/lib et al.

I noticed this with a simple C++ program, which, after being compiled
with /usr/pkg/gcc-2.95.3/bin/g++ gives this error:

Undefined symbol "cout" referenced from COPY relocation in ./a.out

If I set LD_PRELOAD to /usr/pkg/gcc-2.95.3/lib/libstdc++.so.4.0, it will
work, but obviously this is no solution.

Anybody know of a way to get this to work properly?

-Jan

--=20
Ancient Principle of WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given, And It's No Good Whining.
--Terry Pratchett et al. (The Science of Discworld)

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT--