Subject: Re: unprotected use of RPATH_FLAG
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.maer.vier@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2004 17:37:08
grant beattie wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 02:25:49AM +0100, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> > The stumbled over this while trying to use pkgsrc on a platform where
> > _USE_RPATH=no and _OPSYS_RPATH_NAME/RPATH_FLAG is empty.
>
> which one? I thought the only platform which had _USE_RPATH=no was
> Darwin, and it's a special case..

I am toying with bootstrap-pkgsrc on Unixware 7. Unfortunately I have
not found a way to specify the necessary RPATH other than setting
LD_RUN_PATH during the compiler/linker stage. -L is a known option but
not -R or -rpath. This is with gcc 2.95.2 and the native ld. I have not
had the courage to touch the native c/c++ compiler.

Maybe buildlink3 can come to the rescue and convert the supplied -R
options to a value for LD_RUN_PATH?

ciao
     Klaus