Subject: Re: New package - epydoc
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
From: Michal Pasternak <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2004 16:05:21
D'Arcy J.M. Cain [Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:11:46AM -0500]:
> I would like to commit this package.  I converted it from the FreeBSD package.
> Would anyone like to check it out at
> before I do?

Correct this things:

 * remove empty patch directory
 * remove empty line in PLIST
 * remove blank lines from the end of Makefile
 * USE_BUILDLINK3 if you really have to (should work without this setting)
 * remove lib/ directory
 * remove WWW page from DESCR
 * the DESCR is saying about some other package
 * HOMEPAGE is bad
 * why do you rm -rf share/doc/html/epydoc first? I think Makefile should
   fail when this directory exists (on INSTALL_DATA_DIR), not remove it
 * ${MV} doc/ share/doc/html/epydoc... well, honestly, I've seen documentation
   packages using PAX to do this, check out lang/py23-html-docs/ for example.

* consider putting docs to share/doc, not share/doc/html - as someone already
   pointed out at tech-pkg@ some time ago, there is not much sense in
   installing documentation in a directory named like the format it is in.

 * you don't have to INSTALL_DATA_DIR in PYSITELIB, python distutils take
   care about this (or, is epydoc broken?)
Take care,
Michal Pasternak :: ::
For your Occupation, choose 2 of the following three:
1) Fun, 2) Well-paying, 3) Legal.