Subject: Re: Building sysutils/fam fails
To: Sylvester F <sylvester_f@hotmail.com>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/27/2004 11:56:48
On March 27, 2004 09:39 am, Sylvester F wrote:
> It seems that i have /usr/pkg/bin before /usr/bin in PATH, so GNU binutils
> version of ld got picked up.  i changed my PATH settings, and it works fine
> now.  Thanks for help.  I somehow thought that PATH settings do not matter
> when building from pkgsrc.

Interestingly, I just found out this morning that I needed to put /usr/pkg/bin
first in my path in order to build lynx.  Otherwise it would pick up the
curses msgfmt instead of the package built ncurses one.  I would think that
if you install a version of a program that already exists in the base that
you would want to run it over the original one anyway.  Otherwise, why
install it in the first place?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/