Subject: Re: Building sysutils/fam fails
To: None <>
From: Sylvester F <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/27/2004 14:39:38
>your build seems to be running /usr/pkg/bin/ld as the linker. are you
>perhaps using GNU binutils from pkgsrc or is it installed? the build
>might be picking it up somehow...

Yes, I have installed binutils from pkgsrc:

/usr/pkg/bin/ld -version
GNU ld version 2.14 20030612

>what does "make show-var VARNAME=PATH" return?

make show-var VARNAME=PATH

It seems that i have /usr/pkg/bin before /usr/bin in PATH, so GNU binutils
version of ld got picked up.  i changed my PATH settings, and it works fine
now.  Thanks for help.  I somehow thought that PATH settings do not matter
when building from pkgsrc.

- S