Subject: sun jre and jdk 1.4.2_04
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/25/2004 08:53:20
--kORqDWCi7qDJ0mEj

Hi,

It appears that Sun has misplaced or yanked the 1.4.2_04 release of
their JRE and JDK.  While up until recently, you could go to
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html and find the 1.4.2_04 kit
linked to, it now is back again to the _03 kit.

You can still download the distfiles for the _04 kits by going to these
two links:

JRE:
http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=3D22&PartDetailId=
=3Dj2re-1.4.2_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=3DJSC&TransactionId=3Dnoreg

JDK:
http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=3D22&PartDetailId=
=3Dj2sdk-1.4.2_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=3DJSC&TransactionId=3Dnoreg

I don't know why it's not linked to or why they removed it (the Release
Notes at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/ReleaseNotes.html still talk
about _04), and I don't know what we should do with the packages, as
they now (again) may lead the user to distfiles mismatching.

Suggestions?

-Jan

--=20
http://www.ncadp.org