Subject: Re: building gcc-3.3.3 on Solaris 8
To: Ryan Cresawn <cresawn@chass.utoronto.ca>
From: Sageev George <sageev@usc.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2004 12:16:21
I've done something like what you are asking by adding the
following to the Makefile located in the applications pkgsrc
directory ( like /usr/pkgsrc/lang/gcc3 , for you).

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=     --without-libmpeg3

This adds the --without-libmpeg3 argument to configure.
For you:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=     --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --d
isable-nls

This might not be the recommended way of doing things.
This might not even work (I haven't tested it in Solaris with
gcc3).

Good hunting,
-Sageev