Subject: Re: subversion: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsvn_subr-1
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/2004 12:46:22
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> I had some time today to take a closer look at the subversion-base
> package.  I believe the attached patch will work, but I can't test
> the patch locally.  Can you please let me know if it fixes the problem
> you saw?

I uninstalled apache, but kept subversion-base installed.

And a "make" (after a "make clean") didn't have the error again.

So then I uninstalled subversion-base, make clean, and make gave that
error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsvn_subr-1.

So then I did a "make clean" added those two lines:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-apache
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-apxs

and "make" worked fine (with subversion-base uninstalled at same time as
apache2 is installed).

(So apparently it checks for apache and also if subversion is already
installed?)

According to print-PLIST, it appears to install the same. And svn appears
to still work.

Thanks again, Johnny.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/