Subject: Re: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xargs: environment is too large for exec
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/22/2004 21:26:40
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:15:57PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> And I don't get those xargs errors.
>
> Now I see:
>
> ===> Installing for xfce4-extras-4.0.4nb2
> ===> Becoming root@puget.reedmedia.net to install xfce4-extras.
> /usr/bin/sudo => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> ===> Registering installation for xfce4-extras-4.0.4nb2
> => phase: install
> => phase: install
> xfce4-extras-4.0.4nb2 requires installed package MesaLib-6.0

Ah, yes, I accidentally left some debugging output in the patch.  I'll
remove that before committing to pkgsrc.

I'm unsure if I should be committing this now or after the branch.
It seems to be a problem that only comes up when using sudo since the
bulk builds don't seem to be hitting the same problem and I believe
those are built as the root user.  Since this patch isn't going to
get enough testing before the branch date, I'll look to commit this
after the new branch is tagged.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>