Subject: Re: pkgsrc and solaris
To: Christer Solskogen <solskogen@online.no>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/20/2004 20:39:03
On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 12:46:01AM +0100, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> After bootstraping pkgsrc, what do i need more?
> Do i need to set some variables somewhere to get it to work right?

You shouldn't

> What compiler is the "best"? gcc2 og gcc3?

I've built 381 packages with gcc3, including kde3 and parts of gnome2
(I'm not saying it went smooothly, but I got them building :)

If you set USE_GGC3=yes in mk.conf, you have a circular dependancy problem:
(gcc3-c -> gmake -> {libiconv,gettext-lib} -> libtool-base -> gcc3-c

The solution I found: build gmake with your native compiler. Then
build gcc3-c, gcc3-c++ and gcc3-f77. Once you have that, pkg_delete gmake,
libiconv, gettext-lib and libtool-base, bmake clean for each of these packages
and reinstall gmake.
reinstalling up to gmake may not be needed, but deinstalling and rebuilding
(don't forget the bmake clean) libtool is crutial.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>