Subject: Bulk build depends breakage
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/20/2004 09:44:09
Hi,

Something I noticed on the last run (SunOS-5.9-sunpro):

  /cache/tools/bin/bmake package (xpm-3.4knb1)
  ===> xpm-3.4knb1 is part of your X11 distribution
  BULK> xpm-3.4knb1 was marked as broken:
  -rw-r--r--   1 jonp     inetops    48707 Mar 13 12:44 .broken.build1.html
  /cache/tools/bin/bmake deinstall
  ===> Deinstalling for xpm
  BULK> Marking all packages which depend upon xpm-3.4knb1 as broken:
  BULK> marking package that requires xpm-3.4knb1 as broken: wmusic-1.4.7nb3 (audio/wmusic)
  [..tonnes of "broken" packages snipped..]

That can't be right, for obvious reasons.  I don't remember seeing
it in previous runs (this is the first for a couple of months) -
does anyone remember changing anything recently which would have
affected this?

I'll dig into it anyway, just thought it may trigger someone's
memory posting here (and if anyone can think of similar cases
elsewhere in the tree).

Apart from that, 1487 built packages with Sun's compiler running an
un-prived build, which isn't bad at all.  Credit goes to jlam for
fixing many of those pesky GCC-specific flags with bl3 magic :-)

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                         <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
BBC Internet Services         http://www.perkin.org.uk/jonathan/