Subject: firefox
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/2004 09:43:41
Is anyone else having sporadic problems with www/firefox lately? Over the
past few days, for no reason I can think of, it's become totally unreliable.
Sometimes it would start, but render fonts horribly (badly enough that an
apple II would look *good* in comparison), sometimes it would start and look
beautiful, and just now - not ten minutes ago, it started, worked fine, I
closed it, and it wouldn't start again after that. No changes have been made
to the system that could cause this, I recently updated from X 4.3.0 to
4.4.0 (xsrc), but that's the only change, and firefox was rebuilt after the
upgrade. I've actually rebuilt X twice hoping that some file somewhere will
reinstall itself and make it start working again, but I'm out of ideas.

I'm building a new -current kernel right now, as according to ktrace it
seems to be dying in different places each time it runs... but I'm not sure
how much hope I have in the new kernel.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

-Sean

--