Subject: Re: kdm issues
To: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@GEL.USherbrooke.CA>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/2004 09:59:17
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:10, Joachim Thiemann wrote:
> I hazily remember that in kde 3.1 I could set the kdm "shutdown" method to
> "poweroff", rather than "halt": the setting should be in the the KDE
> Control Center -> Login Mananger -> Shutdown tab...
>
> Anyone know why it dissapeared? was that removed by the KDE team, or was
> this a NetBSD mod that wasn't ported to 3.2?  How can I get around this
> (perhaps setting something in kdmrc?)

Well I've not used the GUI for this so if the option used to be there its
something the KDE developers took out.
In my kdmrc I have:

HaltCmd=/bin/halt -p

which continues to work fine with 3.2.x

> The other issue is more of a pkgsrc
> thing: /usr/pkg/share/kde/config/kdm/kdmrc is in the +CONTENTS file with a
> md5 checksum, so once one changes the settings, pkg_admin complains with:
>
> /usr/pkg/share/kde/config/kdm/kdmrc fails MD5 checksum

On my systems I copy kdmrc (and any other kdm config files I modify) outside
of /usr/pkg and invoke kdm as
	"/usr/pkg/bin/kdm -config /usr/local/lib/kdm/kdmrc"
or on some machines
	"/usr/pkg/bin/kdm -config /etc/kdmrc"

cheers
mark