Subject: Re: kdm issues
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@gel.usherbrooke.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/18/2004 21:44:36
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:59:17 +1300
> Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> HaltCmd=/bin/halt -p

Great!  Is there any specific section of the kdmrc it needs to be in?
I'll try just putting it in [General], and if it doesn't work I'll move it
further down :-) (BTW I will use /sbin/poweroff, I guess it is the same?)

BTW, the KDE Help Center ("Settings-Modules" -> "System Administration" ->
"Login Mananger") still refers to the option to change it in the GUI:
"Commands
Use these 3 blanks to define the exact shutdown command.
The shutdown command defaults to:"...

I noticed the same on a Debian box (unstable just went to KDE 3.2 a few days
ago) - so at the very least the Docs and actual control panel to which the
docs refer to are out of sync.  I guess I could file a bug with the KDE tam
as well.

On Thursday 18 March 2004 19:05, Mark Davies wrote:
> yes, probably should - when I get a chance.

I will send-pr it then, just so it doesn't get lost (as the docs keep
telling me! :-)

Joachim.
--
http://www.gel.usherbrooke.ca/thiemann