Subject: Re: darwin bulk pkgsrc build issues
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/18/2004 19:23:21
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:32:33PM -0500, Darrin B. Jewell wrote:

> Last night, I started a bulk build of pkgsrc on Macos 10.3.3 / Darwin 7.3.
>
> This afternoon, I noticed it is stuck in a loop asking for a path
> while configuring sysutils/lsof.  I include below a snippet of the
> output from where it started looping.
>
> For now, I suspended the build with SIGTSTP.
>
> How should I proceed?  Submit a pr?  Is there a way to
> disable this package and restart?

submit a pr.  What I've done when I notice something getting stuck in
a bulk build is I kill off the particular command which is stuck (often
times c++).  This usually marks that package as broken and continues.

You can also always do

./mk/bulk/build restart

to pick up a bulk build from where it left off.  It keeps a state in
a couple of files to help with this.  Definitely needed when my pmax
was taking 2 months....

You can also "pre-break" certain packages that you know will cause
a bulk build to hang.  grep for pre-build.local in pkgsrc/Packages.txt

> Also, the build has been generating some packages, and labeling
> some others as broken.  Does anyone want to review the output
> for problems that should fixed?

Yes.  When its done can you put the output logs up for http or ftp
access?

-Dan