Subject: Re: darwin bulk pkgsrc build issues
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/18/2004 18:30:13
> This afternoon, I noticed it is stuck in a loop asking for a path
> while configuring sysutils/lsof.  I include below a snippet of the
> output from where it started looping.
>
> How should I proceed?  Submit a pr?  Is there a way to
> disable this package and restart?

If you ^C the build and then do "mk/bulk/build restart", it will pick
up from the next package.

devel/ptl2, net/freewais-sf, and net/nidentd all have the same problem
btw. (You can "touch .broken.html" in each of those directories to make
the build skip them.)

> Also, the build has been generating some packages, and labeling
> some others as broken.  Does anyone want to review the output
> for problems that should fixed?

I did a bulk build a few weeks ago and have been slowly working my way
through the results...

How fast a machine do you have? I was building on a 450MHz cube and it
took a week (and that was with half of the packages in the tree marked
broken before it even tried to build them because of broken
dependencies).

-- Dan