Subject: GNOME 2.6.0 is coming
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/17/2004 17:47:19
Hi all,

[ I'm sending this message now based on the message posted by Michal Pasternak
  in this list about the availability of GTK 2.4.0 in pkgsrc-wip. ]

GNOME 2.6.0 will be out next week, I hope; it is actually in Beta 2 state,
about to enter Release Candidate 1.

I've been tracking the development branch in pkgsrc locally since GNOME 2.5.3.
My packages are now at Beta 2 and work quite well, despite of some cleanup
that will be done shortly (I'm sending this message from the desktop ;-).
I've done this so that updating these to the 2.6.0 final release becomes
trivial (download new distfiles, rebuild and fix minor PLIST issues), and to
catch portability bugs to NetBSD soon.

This message is just to let all of you know this, to _avoid_ _duplication_ of
efforts in bringing GNOME 2.6.0 into pkgsrc.  I'll start commiting the update
when the pkgsrc freeze is over (around 80 updates and 5 new packages).

Kind regards

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>