Subject: Re: Cannot link editor Ted
To: Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2004 18:13:07
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Jonathan wrote:

> >-Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib

This is what I used successfully when I use the latest Ted (unreleased
code). It was needed.

>  I can't seem to add the  -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib to the makefile in
> ~/Ted-2.15a7/Ted. When I add X_LIBS= -Wl -R/usr/X11R6/lib it gets
> overwritten by the configure that is execusted in the top level
> Makefile. I am inexperienced with automake and make. What must I do to
> get it to use these changes ?

You would modify in Ted-2.15a7, the Ted/makefile.in file. That file is
used to generate the Ted/makefile. Notice how it has:

X_LIBS=@X_LIBS@

X_LIBS is setup in Ted/configure. It appears that it appends to X_LIBS so
it can be set in environment first.

So if using pkgsrc, then the pkgsrc/editors/ted/Makefile could have:

CONFIGURE_ENV+=	X_LIBS="-Wl,${_OPSYS_RPATH_NAME}${_MOTIFBASE}/lib"

But that is already also defined in LDFLAGS by the mk/motif.mk Makefile
fragment. And LDFLAGS is already used correctly (as far as I see) with
your Ted/configure and Ted/makefile.in. So I think it should work fine
with pkgsrc already.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/