Subject: Re: newbie needs review of new pkg (small)
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2004 09:56:08
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> > >         cd ${WRKSRC} && ${INSTALL_DATA} doc/regex.info ${PREFIX}/info
> >
> > You can use INFO_FILES=regex.info instead.
>
> then I wonder why, for example, devel/rx/Makefile has the following lines:
>
> post-install:
>         cd ${WRKSRC}/doc; ${INSTALL_DATA} ${INFO_FILES} ${PREFIX}/info

Just copying the file into place is not good enough. Because the
install-info command should be ran too to install the "dir entries" into
the info/dir file.

And at deinstall time, same should be done (to remove dir entries).

pkgsrc includes a simple pkg_install-info tool for doing this.

This is automated by using INFO_FILES. See mk/texinfo.mk.

pkgsrc also automatically handles the PLIST entries for the info files.
See mk/bsd.pkg.mk.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/