Subject: Re: kdegraphics/kghostview - core dumped
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/13/2004 16:00:29
On Friday 12 March 2004 23:05, Joachim Thiemann wrote:

Looks like I have a guessing what's happening...

kghostviewpart.so dosn't include anything usefull by itself, that's just a=
=20
dummy stub. The base KGVPart class, its object factory and so on are locate=
d=20
into kghostviewlib.so library, and ..part just exports all needed stuff=20
from ..lib shared object.

Even while kghostviewlib.so is correctly installed into /usr/pkg/lib, dynam=
ic=20
library loaded cannot resolve nested symbols and as a result cannot resolve=
=20
object factory init_xxx call.

Well, that's just mine vision of this bug. ATM i'm trying to fix it.

> On Friday 12 March 2004 11:28, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
> > system: NetBSD 1.6.1/I386
> > pkgsrc: updated from cvs several days ago
> > kde: KDE 3.2.1
> >
> > At startup KGhostView gets SIGSEGV and goes in core. No debug info is
> > available at this time.
> >
> > Anybody saw such behaviour ? All was fine with all flawours of KDE 3.1.x
> > and 3.2.0
> >
> > // wbr
>
> Yes, I see the same on 1.6ZK i386, -current as of yesterday:
>
> $ kghostview
> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
> "init_libkghostviewpart"
> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: The library libkghostviewpart does not off=
er
> an init_libkghostviewpart function.
> KCrash: Application 'kghostview' crashing...
>
> Funny though, if I am using konqueror on my home dir and click on a pdf, I
> get a popup with:
>
> There was an error loading the module KGhostView.
> The diagnostics is:
> The library libkghostviewpart does not offer an init_libkghostviewpart
> function.
>
> ...but then it runs OK embedded in Konqueror.

=46rom my understanding that's due to if Konqueror cannot run kghostview pl=
ugin=20
it runs kpdf instead. This two ones can be easily distinguished by poor=20
rendering quality of kpdf :)

// wbr