Subject: bootstrap-pkgsrc moved to pkgsrc/bootstrap
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/12/2004 01:00:41
--LqInKle6vr1NBc7W

hi all,

I have moved the significant parts of othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc to
pkgsrc/bootstrap for the upcoming 2004Q1 pkgsrc branch.

this means that the latest versions of the various required tools
(except bmake for now) in pkgsrc will be used when bootstrapping, and
that users should only need to do "cvs checkout -P pkgsrc" to get
everything needed for pkgsrc on any platform.

I have tested the build on Darwin, but I encourage all non-NetBSD users
to try running their usual bootstrap command from pkgsrc/bootstrap and
report if there are any problems where othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc
works. the changes are actullay quite small, so I don't expect any
major problems.

I haven't yet removed the sources from othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc, but
will do so in the next couple of days. I'll also update the various
documentation and web pages to reflect this (though if someone else
could, that would be great - I'm rather busy lately :/)

grant.

--LqInKle6vr1NBc7W

--LqInKle6vr1NBc7W--