Subject: Re: KDE kdesktop doesn't start
To: Ian Zagorskih <>
From: Phil Nelson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/11/2004 08:57:20
On Thursday 11 March 2004 08:55 am, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
> Is it started by startx or by kdm/xdm/etc ? Do you have
> startkde in your .xinitrc or .xsession ?

It is started by xdm and I have startkde in my .xsession.  It worked just fine
with 3.1.? that was there before I upgraded to 3.2.  It was quite a shock to
not have the desktop.    I had done at least 1 upgrade earlier from 3.0 to
3.1 without this problem.   Part of the problem is I haven't found where
kdesktop is supposed to be started to look and see why it isn't started.   I
even removed my entire .kde (and lost some things I didn't expect to lose) to
see if that was the problem.

Phil Nelson,