Subject: libtool --mode=uninstall rm -f /usr/lib/libgnuintl.la
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2004 20:14:05
When packaging gettext-tools, I saw that it installed extra libraries that
it later is supposed to clean up.

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=uninstall  rm -f /usr/lib/libgnuintl.la

But the buildlink system changed the path to the buildlink directory, so
the real files were still installed.

According to "libtool --help --mode=uninstall":
   "If FILE is a libtool library, all the files associated with it are
   deleted."

How can I get this "--mode=uninstall" skipped by the buildlink wrappers?

It momentarily needs the files (before removing) because it uses them to
make some /preloadable_libintl.so.

Is it normal for software builds to install some libraries, use them to
create a new binary, then delete?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/