Subject: LIBTOOL_REQD should be increased
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2004 22:55:23
Several packages have been changed to reflect the better libtool-base.

But LIBTOOL_REQD and _OPSYS_LIBTOOL_REQD have not been changed.

For example, my test system had libtool-base-1.4.20010614nb17, but I had
files like the following installed: (should be

The bulk builds (and probably the pkgsrc developers) working on new
packages, I assume, are using latest and greatest libtool-base.

Should we force _OPSYS_LIBTOOL_REQD to be bumped?

It is currently:

.if defined(_OPSYS_LIBTOOL_REQD)
LIBTOOL_REQD?=          1.4.20010614nb11

(Which is not good enough for several new packages that have been cleaned
up or updated since the libtool-base changes.)

   Jeremy C. Reed