Subject: Re: shuffling subversion pkgs
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2004 17:21:32
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Eric Gillespie wrote:
> subversion-base already includes a server.  This is svnserve, the
> server for the native ra-svn protocol.  It can be run as a daemon
> or from inetd, providing anonymous access or CRAM-MD5
> authenticated access, or it can be run as a tunnel under ssh
> providing access similar to cvs under ssh.

I know that, and I guess what's subversion-base today is more than enough
to run SVN. But not knowing that, pkg_add'ing just "subversion" installs
apache2 and whatnot, which is _ways_ over the top.

Preventing users from installing stuff they don't need is the idea here.
If you have a good idea (and want to do the work :), that'd be fine.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>