Subject: Re: shuffling subversion pkgs
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Eric Gillespie <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2004 10:37:28
Hubert Feyrer <> writes:

> > After getting apache2 installed after a 'pkg_add subversion', I wonder if
> > it was possible to shuffle pkg names around a bit:
> >
> > 	subversion	=> subversion-server
> > 	subversion-base => subversion
> >
> > Comments? Any takers?

subversion-base already includes a server.  This is svnserve, the
server for the native ra-svn protocol.  It can be run as a daemon
or from inetd, providing anonymous access or CRAM-MD5
authenticated access, or it can be run as a tunnel under ssh
providing access similar to cvs under ssh.

You only need ap2-subversion if for some reason you want the
WebDAV stuff.

> OK, given the lack of interest in the pkgs, I'll delete
> them. Not.

What exactly is this supposed to mean?  No one responds on you on
Saturday or Sunday therefore no one cares?  Some of us have lives
away from the machines.

Eric Gillespie <*>