Subject: Re: shuffling subversion pkgs
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2004 10:37:28
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> writes:

> > After getting apache2 installed after a 'pkg_add subversion', I wonder if
> > it was possible to shuffle pkg names around a bit:
> >
> > 	subversion	=> subversion-server
> > 	subversion-base => subversion
> >
> > Comments? Any takers?

subversion-base already includes a server.  This is svnserve, the
server for the native ra-svn protocol.  It can be run as a daemon
or from inetd, providing anonymous access or CRAM-MD5
authenticated access, or it can be run as a tunnel under ssh
providing access similar to cvs under ssh.

You only need ap2-subversion if for some reason you want the
WebDAV stuff.

> OK, given the lack of interest in the pkgs, I'll delete
> them. Not.

What exactly is this supposed to mean?  No one responds on you on
Saturday or Sunday therefore no one cares?  Some of us have lives
away from the machines.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org