Subject: dependencies not working?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2004 09:21:31
While trying to rebuild certain packages -- libxml2 had a security
advisory -- I've run into a couple of instances where packages didn't
seem to pick up the proper dependencies, or didn't seem to notice that
a package was already installed.  Just now, for example, I'm rebuilding
gtk2+ manually because abiword didn't find it.  I've also had problems
with pango, and with imlib not requiring x11-links.  Has something
changed?  Am I doing something wrong?  (I've simply used pkg_delete and
'make install' with no overrides or 'make reinstall'; I removed all
work directories, have complete current pkgsrc, etc.)

If it matters, this is a -current kernel and userland from 14 February.