Subject: Re: Fw: [Firebird-devel] Linux Lock Manager
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2004 23:31:37
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, "Mike M. Volokhov" <mishka@apk.od.ua> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:52:33 +0100
> Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.maer.vier@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>
> > James K. Lowden wrote:
> > > I have spent considerable time lately getting the Firebird database
> > > to build on 1.6.  Once I get it working, I'm hoping to package it.
> >
> > Someone already started pkgsrc-wip/firebird. I don't know in which
> > state it is right now.
>
> I think it would be nice to contact the firebird developers and submit
> all changes James made. In this case, the firebird may been built even
> when package will not available yet.

I joined the Firebird development list.  I have the non-threaded engine
working.  I'll take a look at the wip patches (thanks for the tip) to
compare them to mine.  Maybe someone's already figured out how to pass
rpath to the linker in Firebird's, um, unusual build framework.

The maintainers are expecting my patches for NetBSD.  I want future
versions to build out of the box.

I'm working with CVS HEAD and hoping that I can retrofit the changes to
Firebird's recent 1.5 release.

--jkl