Subject: Re: AIX build failures and one bootstrap problem (with solution)
To: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2004 19:40:20
--HC0F8i/BfMshQzR8

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 07:17:56AM -0800, Peter Schmiedeskamp wrote:

> O.K.  I checked for a stray "." in $PATH, but there
> doesn't appear to be any in there.  I'll try to get
> that output from the bootstrap script some time today.
>=20
> As for the second problem, I'll take my lashes.  The
> solution was in the README.aix, which I read but
> somehow failed to make the critical leap.  I added the
> following lines to my /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file:
>=20
> MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM=3Dpowerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0
> CC=3Dgcc
> CHECK_SHLIBS=3Dno
> RENAME=3D
> USE_GCC3=3Dyes
> PKGMAKECONF=3D${MAKECONF}

USE_GCC3 should be changed to PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dgcc and GCC_REQD=3D3.0
now with the new compiler framework. can you try this and confirm
whether it builds lang/gcc3 and then uses it to build other packages?

> Thanks for your help on this.  I hope this helps
> someone else out.  I'll work on getting you the
> failing output (it all works now because I've already
> bootstrapped once. So I'll have to back up.)

you can always run something like "./bootstrap --prefix=3D/tmp/stuff
--pkgdbdir=3D/tmp/stuff/pkgdb" for the purpose of testing
bootstrap-pkgsrc.

grant.

--HC0F8i/BfMshQzR8

--HC0F8i/BfMshQzR8--