Subject: Re: bin/compile_et, lib/libcom_err.a, and compile_et.1
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2004 11:55:23
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I'd like to start working on a libcom_err package based on this
> e2fsprogs-1.35/lib/et/ code. It has the original Student Information

I did this.

I packaged wip/com_err based on e2fsprogs.

wip/e2fsprogs uses it. (Please look at e2fsprogs; it provides shared
libraries -- I'd like the pkgsrc version switched to this.)

I carbon copied this email to maintainers of kth-krb5 and heimdal in
pkgsrc. Those packages install conflicting or similar files.

kth-krb5:

bin/compile_et
include/kerberosIV/com_err.h (that is okay)
lib/libcom_err.a
lib/libcom_err.la
lib/libcom_err.so
lib/libcom_err.so.2
lib/libcom_err.so.2.1

heimdal:

bin/compile_et
include/krb5/com_err.h (that is okay)
lib/libcom_err.a
lib/libcom_err.la
lib/libcom_err.so
lib/libcom_err.so.2
lib/libcom_err.so.2.1

mit-kerberos (pkgsrc-wip):

bin/compile_et
man/man1/compile_et.1
share/et/et_c.awk
share/et/et_h.awk
include/com_err.h
lib/libcom_err.a
lib/libcom_err.so
lib/libcom_err.so.3.0
lib/libcom_err.so.3

I don't know what the shared object versions should be.

I'd like help with heimdal and kth-krb4 so they don't conflict with
com_err package. They could probably use the com_err package.

Also, I'd like help to know when NetBSD's (or other) native libcom_err is
okay.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/