Subject: Re: AIX build failures and one bootstrap problem (with solution)
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2004 07:17:56
O.K.  I checked for a stray "." in $PATH, but there
doesn't appear to be any in there.  I'll try to get
that output from the bootstrap script some time today.

As for the second problem, I'll take my lashes.  The
solution was in the README.aix, which I read but
somehow failed to make the critical leap.  I added the
following lines to my /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file:

MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM=powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0
CC=gcc
CHECK_SHLIBS=no
RENAME=
USE_GCC3=yes
PKGMAKECONF=${MAKECONF}

Now, that part is good.  Things ./configure properly.
I'm now running into another problem, but I think I'd
better start a new thread for that one.

Thanks for your help on this.  I hope this helps
someone else out.  I'll work on getting you the
failing output (it all works now because I've already
bootstrapped once. So I'll have to back up.)