Subject: Problem building teTeX
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2004 17:25:17
Hi,

I still have problems building teTeX with a pkgsrc bootstrapped from the cvs
sources under mac os x 10.3.

The problems i had with PLIST handling of .dylib files is not solved, but if i
do make install manually for these libs, i can continue, but deinstall is then
broken, so i hope it will be fixed.
So i fix all the "broken" deps
for now, www/libwww, graphics/png and fonts/t1lib are broken for macosx/darwin.
And probably many other packages.

then, i try to built teTeX, and it fails in teTeX-bin, there is a problem when
building oxdvi :
[snip]
gcc -o oxdvi.bin -L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib xdvi.o dvi-draw.o dvi-init.o events.o font-open.o string-utils.o my-vsnprintf.o my-snprintf.o help-window.o message-window.o statusline.o xserver-info.o gf.o pk.o psdps.o psgs.o psheader.o psnews.o special.o util.o vf.o sfDir.o sfDraw.o sfPath.o sfSelFile.o hypertex.o mime.o wwwfetch.o alloca.o dvips.o tfmload.o -L/usr/pkg/lib -lwwwxml -lxmltok -lxmlparse -lwwwzip -lwwwinit -lwwwapp -lwwwhtml -lwwwtelnet -lwwwnews -lwwwhttp -lwwwmime -lwwwgopher -lwwwftp -lwwwfile -lwwwdir -lwwwcache -lwwwstream -lwwwmux -lwwwtrans -lwwwcore -lwwwutils -lmd5 -ldl -lz -lssl -lcrypto -L/usr/pkg/lib -lt1 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lz ../kpathsea/STATIC/libkpathsea.a -lm
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _hash_create
/usr/lib/libdl.dylib(strhash.So) definition of _hash_create
../kpathsea/STATIC/libkpathsea.a(hash.o) definition of _hash_create in section (__TEXT,__text)
gnumake[2]: *** [oxdvi.bin] Error 1
gnumake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
gnumake: *** [all] Error 1
*** Error code 2
[snip]

i don't know exactly from where comes this libdl, but probably from lib/dlcompat

How can i fix that ? i don't know if it is platform dependant or not (maybe
related to the ld shipped by apple)

Many thanks,
  antoine