Subject: bin/compile_et, lib/libcom_err.a, and compile_et.1
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/2004 19:08:26
I need bin/compile_et, lib/libcom_err.a, and compile_et.1 in a package by
itself.

Parts (are all) are provided now by wip/e2fsprogs, security/heimdal,
kth-krb4, and wip/mit-krb5.

I am not sure what the differences are.

It appears that the e2fsprogs "Common Error Description Library for UNIX"
is derived from MIT and KTH source.

Any suggestions on which libcomm_err implementation to use? And how to get
packages that previously provided it to use it?

My wip/e2fsprogs conflicts, so that is why I want to split it up.
wip/e2fsprogs provides libraries (so I can build xfsprogs). (libuuid from
e2fsprogs is separate too so postgresql-uniqueidentifier can use it.)

Another idea would be just to rename, such as prefixing e2fsprogs to
front.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/