Subject: meta-pkgs/XFree86 changes.
To: None <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/2004 21:06:15

Hi all!

There was some problems when using the XFree86 packages from
pkgsrc, because we were using x11-links and the symlinks are not
created correctly when X11BASE != /usr/X11R6. With the
upgrade to 4.4.0, we want to avoid this, and use the XFree86-libs buildlink
instead. So I've created the final patch to register the XFree86-libs
dependency on all packages that uses buildlink[23], USE_IMAKE and USE_X11
without using buildlink.

XFree86 packages will be updated soon, and the main changes for pkgsrc
are the following:

	o USE_X11BASE not used anymore.
	o x11-links dependency not needed anymore as well.
	o Now we are using all required libraries from pkgsrc, except Mesa.
	o No need to use xpkgwedge anymore, because our X11BASE is inside
	   the pkgsrc hier (${PREFIX}/X11R6).
	o Will work on FreeBSD/NetBSD/Linux (x86) at least.

For example, my xterm binary looks like this:

         -lz.0 => /usr/lib/
         -lfreetype.9 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lexpat.4 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lfontconfig.1 => /usr/pkg/lib/