Subject: bl3/libtool question
To: None <,>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/01/2004 17:19:25

I'm trying to update SDL to 1.2.7.
The package itself updates fine, but when I try
to install audio/SDL-esound, it fails with:
===> Installing for SDL-esound-1.2.7
cd /usr/obj/audio/SDL-esound/work/SDL-1.2.7/src/audio/esd && shlibtool --mode=install  install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 /usr/pkg/lib
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 .libs/libaudio_esd.lai /usr/pkg/lib/
install: .libs/libaudio_esd.lai: stat: No such file or directory

There is no .lai file there.
The request for the .lai file seems to come from libtool-fix-la,
since ".lai" only appears in the buildlink infrastructure (and
two unrelated files) in the work dir, on the right hand
side of "laifile=" which only appears in the same file.

I don't have any idea what it's trying to do or to fix, and
why it doesn't work.