Subject: HEADS UP: PREFER_PKGSRC default value changed
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/29/2004 11:37:40
Hi!

I just committed a change to bsd.pkg.defaults.mk (v1.216) that sets
PREFER_PKGSRC to
Xrender render Xft2 freetype2 Xrandr randr xcursor

This should help on 1.6.x machines to get pango and its dependencies
building again, if your X was too old.

You'll have to reinstall pango and its dependencies so this takes
effect (or for that matter, all packages that are currently using
Xft2 or freetype2 or Xrender from /usr/X11R6: try
ldd /usr/pkg/bin/* /usr/pkg/lib/* | grep -e render -e Xft2 -e freetype | grep /usr/X11R6
to find out if you have any -- then identify the files and
rebuild the corresponding (pkg_info -Fe filename) packages).

If you had PREFER_PKGSRC set to yes in /etc/mk.conf
it shouldn't matter; if you had it set to a subset of the above,
please update/remove the line _now_.

I hope this solves some of the recurring problems in this area.
 Thomas