Subject: faking an older release for bulk build
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2004 18:40:32
--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Hi,

Just to confirm:  it is possible to fake an older release for the
purpose of bulk builds, right?  I have an O2 with -current installed,
and would like to use it to bulk-build for 1.6.2-sgimips.  Am I correct
that extracting the 1.6.2-sets into a chroot (or building them into
there) is sufficient or do I need to tweak anything else?

Should I expect some breakage due to different kernel versions of the
running system and the bulk-faked system?

-Jan

--=20
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--