Subject: Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] Ports scheduled for removal in March and April (fwd)
To: Dave <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2004 22:21:54
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:30:07AM -0800, Dave wrote:
> There was an extended discussion about the fetchyahoo package.  It was
> dropped from pkgsrc because its homepage was missing and Google didn't
> help in finding it.  Well, fetchyahoo is back at
> with updates.  The old page,
>, now points there.  I'd like to see that
> one put back into pkgsrc.

I don't think that was ever in pkgsrc, so I'm not sure how it could
be dropped from it.

Feel free to provide a package for it, preferably directly in pkgsrc-wip
[ ].

> A few months ago I patched nosefart to allow it to work with
> NetBSD's audio subsystem and send-pr'ed the package.  Nothing yet.

I updated that to use buildlink3 and some other nice features
of pkgsrc and imported it into pkgsrc-wip, since it only
created noise for me (on 1.6ZF/i386) with two random files I got
off the Internet.