Subject: Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] Ports scheduled for removal in March and
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2004 09:30:07
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Greg Troxel wrote:

>   But now that the freeze is long over, I'd like to post the email about
>   getting volunteers to help with packages needing maintainers (as proposed
>   and discussed on the packages@ list).
>
> That sounds good, but there is another issue, which is how maintainers
> without commit access get changes applied to the tree.  My
> understanding is that one is supposed to send-pr, but that doesn't
> seem to always work, and I don't know what I should do, besides pester
> people here :-)
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=24093

Three points:

As they are now, print/tex-musixtex and print/tex-bagpipetex don't like
teTeX 2.x.  I don't see why they wouldn't, but I haven't had the time to
sit down and fix them.  Please don't delete these two packages.

There was an extended discussion about the fetchyahoo package.  It was
dropped from pkgsrc because its homepage was missing and Google didn't
help in finding it.  Well, fetchyahoo is back at
http://fetchyahoo.sourceforge.net/ with updates.  The old page,
http://fetchyahoo.twizzler.org, now points there.  I'd like to see that
one put back into pkgsrc.

A few months ago I patched nosefart to allow it to work with
NetBSD's audio subsystem and send-pr'ed the package.  Nothing yet.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu