Subject: Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] Ports scheduled for removal in March and April (fwd)
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2004 11:20:44

Michal Pasternak <> wrote:
> Hubert Feyrer [Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:39:04PM +0100]:
> >=20
> > Maybe we should do some spring-cleaning too? ;)
> Well, as fredb@ already pointed out, there is some point in removing
> obsolete packages, why not.
> But, removing packages, which work, are developed, but are only left with=
> mainteance?

I don't believe anybody suggested this.  The FreeBSD announcement said
something to the extent of ``if this package is broken, no patches to
fix it are send-pr'd and there's no maintainer''.  This, together with a
reasonable grace period seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Ancient Principle of WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given, And It's No Good Whining.
--Terry Pratchett et al. (The Science of Discworld)

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)