Subject: Re: two packages for rdesktop?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/2004 12:12:24
--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 03:09:26PM +0100, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> why are there two packages net/rdesktop and net/rdesktop10 available?
>=20
> The difference between the two packages seems to be the supported
> versions of Windows but net/rdesktop supports everything (NT, W2K, XP,
> W2K3) net/rdesktop10 does (NT, W2K).

this is because rdesktop10 includes some semi-official-patches which
enhance its functionality and fix some bugs. for some time, 1.0 with
patches was a better alternative for some systems than 1.1/1.2.

if this is no longer the case, we should probably remove rdesktop10.

grant.

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--