Subject: Re: Question/Problem building pkg_install
To: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@nexthop.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2004 09:30:22
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 06:36:56PM -0500, Christopher W. Richardson wrote:

> Hopefully this is just a simple question of needing to go build
> something obvious which I've forgotten, but ...
>
> Running 1.5.2 i386, I just cvs up'ed mk and pkgtools, and make in
> pkg_install gives me the rather curious (to my mind):
>
> cwr@grizzly-0$make
> pkg_info: option requires an argument -- e
> usage: pkg_info [-BbcDdFfIikLmnpqRrSsVvh] [-e package] [-l prefix]
>                 pkg-name [pkg-name ...]
>        pkg_info -a [flags]
> ===> Unable to satisfy dependency: >=none
>
> Is there something else I should be building first?

You should not be cvs updating only particular directories unless you
know exactly what you're doing, and specifically what you know you're
_not_ getting.  pkgsrc uses Makefiles spread all throughout the
pkgsrc directory tree.  Try cvs updating the whole tree and see if the
problem you're seeing still persists.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>