Subject: libtool question
To: Johnny C. Lam <>
From: walt <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2004 09:27:23
I seem to be pestering Johnny a lot today  ;-)

Several people (including me) have posted about compile failures due to missing
lib*.la files.

I have two machines that are very similar, but I have problems on only one of
the two machines with missing lib*.la files.

At present I can't compile GConf2 because of a missing which of
course IS missing.  I am assuming that libtool (on the problem machine) thinks
that libpthread is a libtool-contolled library when it is really not.

So, my question is:  what makes libtool think that some arbitrary library is
a libtool-controlled library?  Is there some database of libraries that libtool
keeps somewhere?